Do you enjoy challenges, winning stuff and having fun? Then this is for you! Fabric Mart is hosting a sewing contest! This contest is only open to Julie's Picks members. Members can pick any fabric from the January, February or March Julie's Picks mailer. Then make one garment using any fabric(s) from those mailers. The entries will then be judged on Facebook in April.
The grand prize winner will receive a $100 gift certificate good for any fabric purchase. Second prize will win a $50 gift certificate good for any fabric purchase. PLUS everyone that participates will receive a $5 off coupon good toward any fabric purchase online, including Julie's Picks. (Participants will receive the coupon after submission in April.)
All members have received an email with the details and rules for the contest, but maybe you would like to join in! Julie's Picks is a great club that allows you to feel fabrics before buying them. Check out our website for more information.
General Rules for the Contest
- All work (cutting, sewing, etc) must be done during January-April 15,2013.
-Must use one or more fabrics found in the January, February or March Julie's Picks mailer. The fabric(s) you choose must be used in a majority of the garment. You may use fabric from your stash to accompany the mailer fabrics, but it cannot be the main fabric used.
- May use any pattern or self-drafted pattern.
- Send use a picture of one garment (1 shirt, 1 skirt, etc.) We want it to be fair for everyone, so outfits will not be accepted. You must submit at least one picture of the garment. You may submit up to two images showing details.
- You do not have to be the one wearing it in the picture. You can put it on a mannequin, lay it flat for the picture, hanging from a hanger, someone else can wear it, or you can wear it yourself.
- Pictures can be uploaded to our Facebook app: Julie's Picks Sewing Contest (will not be on Facebook until April 1). If you do not have Facebook, please email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will manually enter you in the contest.
- Items intended to be for sale are not accepted. We want this to be made for you or for someone else a gift or just because you want to make it.
- One entry per person.
- Must be a Julie's Picks member with a paid membership for the 2013 calendar year.
- You will not see the contest submission area on Facebook until April 1st.
- Your personal information will not be shared on Facebook.
Dates to Remember:
Submission Period: April 1-15, 2013
Voting begins: April 16, 2013 and ends April 19, 2013.