When I finally got a look at the pattern envelope I realized that this pattern looked a little dated, which explains why I couldn't find it on McCalls website. I'm not sure when it was released but it is definitely OOP. Thankfully I was able to find it for sale on Etsy and quickly placed my order.
This pattern is a good example of not judging a book by its cover, had I seen the envelope I certainly would have passed on it. The line drawing of View C looks currently, minus the lower leg cargo pocket. I also like the halter of View D.
|At the time I write this there is only one yard left, but I believe this one would work as well.|
Before I had the pattern info I was sure this was a knit pattern and I planned to use an ITY from my stash, but when the pattern arrived I noticed it called for woven, so I decided to use this amazing cotton chambray. It was just the right weight (light with out being tissue thin) with a good amount of drape. I still think I'll make it in a knit, maybe view D?
This pattern is a quick sew and I didn't make any adjustments. I wish I had graded the bodice from a medium at the underarm to a large at the waist. I ordered the L-XXL size so I cut a straight L. As always I measured the elastic to my own body during the construction process because the elastic guides are never tight enough for me.
As I was taking my photos for this post the jumpsuit started to look more retro that I initially planned, but that actually works, because I'm attending a 90s theme party for my 20 year high school reunion. After adding a bright bold red belt, red pumps and chunky earrings I think I'll look like the 90s.
I still plan on wearing this throughout the summer, you can never go wrong with a denim jumpsuit!
See you next month,