The fabric used for this post is a 100% Wool Gabardine fabric from Fabric Mart. Although this color is no longer available, here are some other options...HERE, HERE, & HERE. The color options are endless!
Of course, I am always mixing patterns, the ones used for this garment are Vogue 9103 and McCall's 6930.
I installed exposed zippers for a unique finish in the front and back. At first thought, I was going to use an invisible zipper, but considering the bodice and waistband was doubled, I didn't want to risk the zipper breaking. Ironically enough, I had a 24" zipper in my stash and it work out!
The only adjustments I had to make was with the back bodice. I ended up having to cut 2 inches from the center back and scale it down to the side seam in order to eliminate bulk once I completed the garment. Other than that, everything worked out just fine.
Here's a shot of the top stitching. I did it on one side instead of both just to have a small element of "pop". I will be working top stitching into many of the garments I have planned for a mini self collection this fall.
I have a tutorial for the pattern adjustments (HERE). It was a labor of frustration, but I was able to get it posted. Just know my heart is in the right place!!! I have a ton of execution issues to work through that I must over come in the coming months!
Thanks for visiting!