Being the last minute that I am, I am surprised that I already have my valentines day dress done!
Now I'll just patiently wait for my hubby to ask me out. Here is the dress I made:
The dress was a bit of a pattern hack. I started with the bodice of a Butterick pattern. Then made some pattern alterations, made the style lines on the bodice style lines curvier, and raised the waist to a curved empire waist. The red lines are my pattern alterations after making the 1st muslin.
The skirt pattern was self-drafted and I am in LOVE with the fit of this dress. If you want to look into drafting skirts, here is a class I recommend. This is the same teacher I studied with. If you want to see my review of this class, click HERE.
Initially, I was planning on doing the following pattern hack, but then I found the Butterick pattern for the bodice.
Here is the back view and side view:
The fabric I used is this one. I love the fabric. It's a lightweight twill with a 10% stretch. It nice to work with, presses beautifully.
I really enjoyed working on this project. Tailoring a garment is one of my favorite things to do! Next, I am working on some simple tees for the winter- some basics to add to my wardrobe.
-Vatsla at Fashion Behind The Seams